Saturday 21 March 2015

Real Techniques Bold Metals - 301 Flat Contour


Hello again, long time no post. I've recently been a little busy on the university/life front and just arrived home from a little trip to NYC (Haul up soon!), where I seemed to have caught the most dreadful of illnesses. So whilst I sit in bed feeling sorry for myself I thought I'd write a little post about the new brush that I've been obsessing over.

The Real Techniques Bold Metals collection was released at the end of January and was exclusive to Boots (although now they are available on the Real Techniques website!). Thanks to some ever so helpful Boots Advantage vouchers this little beauty made its way home with me early February and I've been using it almost everyday since.

The blogosphere went crazy for this launch and I, like most were drawn in by the rose gold handles on the finishing brushes. The handles are weighted unlike the other ranges which I think makes them feel slightly more luxurious and allows you to have much more control over the brush and application. None of the other brushes in the range really took my fancy, seeing as they were all new takes on brushes I already own and love.

However the 301 Contour brush just has a really original shape to it, very different from Real Techniques' previous contour brush. It has an almost thin rectangular shape meaning it is great for fitting into the hollows of the cheeks underneath the cheek bone. The brush hairs are very dense and make it easy to pack on the powder, which is great for light powders and bronzers. I find it best to apply my contour shade with this brush and then blend out the colour using another brush. Although it can be used to buff the powder into the skin. I also sometimes use it for adding highlight, adding the powder to the actual flat side of the brush and smoothing it along the tops of my cheekbones

The Bold Metals collection is on the pricier side with prices ranging from £10-£24, the 301 being £22. However putting into context that Mac face brushes are around £27 and that Boots often have 3 for 2 on beauty accessories or 10% off brushes, this is quite the little gem. I look forward to seeing how it works with a recent New York purchase - the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette!

Have you tried any of the Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection? What Contour brushes do you love?

Libi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Libstick. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Eastern Fox.